Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Procrastination By Blogging

Not every day in the Year of Do can be a grand adventure.  If every day consisted of trips to Charlotte, sewing aprons, and discovering secret mail boxes when would real life happen?  And, to be honest, I kind of like normal, everyday life.  Confession...one of my favorite ways to blow off stress is to clean my bathroom.  I know, I know that's weird, but it works for me. 

So, tonight, when I got back from campus, all I wanted to do was to curl up into bed, catch up on episodes of The Big Bang Theory, and fall asleep by nine o'clock.  But, there are about three things looming over my head, and if I can get them done, my to-do list will officially be non-existent (I honestly can't remember the last time that happened).

So, I resisted the urge to pull on sweatpants and my favorite "Don't Get Caulky" t-shirt (complete with a cartoon of a caulk gun).  I fled the temptation of my cushy couch with the fleece blanket already piled on it, both calling my name.  And here I sit, at the Port City Java downtown finishing up my last few to-do list items for the night, sipping on a cup of Citrus Chamomile Tea (don't worry...it's still decaf, so sleep by 9 is still an option). 

Any other year and I would have set aside time tomorrow to finish these last few things.  But, this is the year of not putting off tomorrow what you could get done today. 

Although I'm just realizing I drove all the way downtown, have been at this coffee shop for an hour, and have really only succeeded in putting off my to-do list to write this blog post.  Sigh...well...at least I'm DOing procrastination pretty well.  That probably defeats the point, huh?

No comments:

Post a Comment