Friday, February 15, 2013

Best. Valentine's. Ever.

I love holidays!  Really, all of them, but if I had to pick one favorite, it would be Leap Day.  Think about it, there are no pre-established traditions, no expectations, you can celebrate anyway you want, and it is an extra 24 hours in your year.  And, if all of that wasn't reason enough to celebrate, it only happens once every four years.  Want to spend all day eating popcorn and watching reruns of Gilmore Girls?  Sure, why not.  It's Leap Day!  Been trying to find an excuse to take that road trip?  Go celebrate Leap Day with a good friend!  Last year, I baked all of my favorite foods (I also really love holiday themed baking) and had a Leap Day Party, and all day justified everything I did by saying, "It's Leap Day!  I can't do this on Leap Day for another four years."

And even though this Valentine's Day was no Leap Day, it was still a pretty incredible day.  Actually...if I'm honest, it may have been one of my favorite Valentine's Day thus far. 

It started with a dinner of eggplant curry, a burger, and fries with good friends. 


I'll skip the fancy Italian restaurant, just give me a good burger and fries. 
 
 
Next Stop: Chocolate fondue and girl's time with some of my favorites.


Meet my friend Kinney.  She's kind of wonderful.


And last, but certainly not least, the day ended with a late night airport run to pick up Beth, a good friend visiting from Atlanta. 

Sigh...seeing this girl makes me miss Charlotte.
 
 
Like I said, it was no Leap Day, but this has certainly been a Valentine's Day for the books.

No comments:

Post a Comment