Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Tennis Balls, Chicken Timers, and Other Hostess Gifts

In my last post, Spontaneity Is Great, But Sometimes You Have To Plan For It, I recounted my weekend as my good friend and former student, Brittany, visited town and took part in the Year of Do with me.  We sat on the beach, talked about life and future plans, discovered a hidden mailbox in the dunes of Wrightsville Beach, attempted to eat like vegans (a hard feat for a girl who loves hamburgers), and then promptly gave up eating like birds and ate pepperoni pizza next to a campfire on a beach. 

It really was a great weekend.

Although, not nearly as great as the house-warming/thank you gift my roommate and I received from Brittany today. 



(The house-warming gift, complete with a typed out explanation for why she included each item)
 
 
Let me take a moment and share with you her gifts and insights.  I promise, this is word for word.  I can't make this stuff up.

 
 
Explanation of This Random Belated House-Warming Gift
 
 
Guacamole Bowl- Y'all officially have the BEST guacamole bowl ever!  It's totally legit.  Now you have to invite friends over for Guacamole Parties...and by friends I mean me!  You can also now go to Mexican restaurants and B.Y.O.B (Bring Your Own Bowl), that way they have less to wash and you can feel environmentally friendly.


 

Chicken Timer- This is Cluckapoo.  His nickname is Clucky.  Everyone needs a chicken timer in their kitchen to let them know when their lovely meals are ready!  As a vegan, I would ask you to not harm this chicken in any form or fashion.  Never call him Cluckapoo on Mondays from 6:39am- 8:43pm, Wednesdays from 5:03pm- 1:23am, and Fridays from 2:14am-5:31am.



Nerf Guns- To Practice for skeet shooting, or to just shoot at each other because that's always fun.  Make sure you carry these everywhere in the event of a Zombie attack, and because they include travel clips!  They also come with permits, so no worries.



                             
 
Tennis Balls- To practice tennis so y'all can be the next Wilmington Tennis Stars.  I heard that the next big reality show is going to be "Tennis with the Stars" and Wilmington is so big in the film industry, so where else would producers be looking than where you live!  Start brushing up on your skills so you can be on the show and then meet Sean from the Bachelor (because you know that all reality stars hang out together all the time) and woo him with your tennis skills!
 
                         
 
 
Garlic Press- Even though I taught you that nifty trick on how to mince garlic...a garlic press is much easier to use.  This should help you make guacamole a lot faster to put in your awesome guacamole bowl for your life changing Guacamole Parties.  Once y'all become reality TV stars y'all can use your garlic press when they ask each of you to be on Iron Chef: Tennis Star Edition.
 




Chocolate- Who doesn't like chocolate?

 
 
THE END
 
 
It's ok...you can say it...I have the coolest friends in the world.
 
But really, I know I have said it before, and I have a feeling it won't be the last time this year, the Year of Do would not be nearly this fun if it weren't for friends who join in on all the excitment.  I mean, eating a pepperoni pizza next to a bonfire on the beach after a failed attempt at being a vegan just sounds sad.  But, doing it with friends...now that just makes a great story.
 
Here's to lots of great stories with fun friends this year!

1 comment:

  1. What a tremendous post -- love your dear personality shining through! And you do have fantastic friends.

    (Clucky is my favorite!)

    ReplyDelete