Monday, January 14, 2013

If it's good enough for Kelly Kapowski, it's good enough for me

I think it may be time to publicly declare something I've been hiding for years.  Deep breath...here it goes.  I LOVE MY JEAN JACKET!

This isn't the fleeting love of a new or reborn fashion trend.  I've had my beloved jacket since college, and even when the trend started waining, I could never quite bring myself to add it to the Goodwill pile.  But until recently, jean jackets weren't really in vogue, so there it sat, in the back corner of my closet, sandwiched between an Argentine soccer jersey and a 10 year old sea foam green, sequin and taffeta prom dress, sad and abandoned, but never forgotten.  Oh sure, I would pull it out every once in a while for an 80s themed party, but never in a way that showcased my true love for it. 

But (have you noticed all great stories have a game changing "but" thrown in somewhere), something wonderful has happened recently.  Apparently the 80s are back in fashion.  With one small nod of approval from the the fashion industry, it is now culturally appropriate to wear hot pink leggings, off the shoulder sweatshirts, neon green sunglasses, and....wait for it....jean jackets. 

So, I'm making it official.  I...love...my....jean...jacket.  Here are just a few pictures that showcase my true obsession for this wardrobe staple. 


(At a graduation party with the senior girls from Winthrop University)


(That's right, I even wore it while emceeing out weekly meeting last week!)


1 comment:

  1. As the perk of being your college roommate, I know exactly which jersey and prom dress you're referring to! You have a great jean jacket- I had the one that was an awkward crop length and then the other was too long. If you've got it, rock it sister!

    ReplyDelete