Sunday, May 12, 2013

Summer Bucket List for Wilmington

Everyone keeps telling me that the best time to live in Wilmington is in the summer.  And with school done and a month before I leave on my summer assignment to Colorado, it seems like a great time to mark some things off my Wilmington Bucket List (a list I made my second day living in town because I was so sad about leaving NYC and needed something to look forward to in Wilmington).  Here are just a few of the things on my list I think I'm going to try to accomplish sometime over the next month. 

1) Learn to surf (or maybe the first step should be find someone to teach me how to surf)
2) Find a place to live
3) Finish the aprons that I started making six month ago but never finished (oops!!!! and oops again!!!!)
4) Go to the creepy zoo on Carolina Beach (Once you see a picture of the building, you will totally understand)
5) Go to a concert at Airlie Gardens (Anyone else want to go?)
6) Go to the Downtown Sundown Concert Series right in downtown Wilmington
7) Find a place to go Shag Dancing in Wilmington (for anyone reading this who's not from the south, it's not as bad as it sounds...promise.  It's pretty similar to Swing Dancing.)
8) Finally become a member of my church.
9) Spend a weekend with my dear friend, Melanie, when she visits Wilmington
10) Eat at Double Happiness (I've tried to go twice over the past year and every time I've shown up, there's a sign on the door saying they are on vacation to China or just decided not to open that day.  I'm more than intrigued at this point.)
11) Go to bluegrass night at Satellite
12) Sail (I've tried to go out sailing twice so far this year and every time the weather has been less than accommodating)
13) Get back into running (I'm a literal fair weather fan of running, as in, I only run in the spring in summer when the weather is fair.)

and last but not least...

14) Research and put together an EPIC Bucket List for my summer assignment out in Fort Collins, CO.

I think that should keep me busy in any downtime I may have.  And what better way to spend free time over the next month than marking off some Year of Do activities.

No comments:

Post a Comment